She has been designing and delivering courses for the last sixteen years broadly focused around people and communication skills. Over the last three years, Jo has worked more consistently in the field of attachment, trauma and secondary trauma.
Bringing her psychotherapy training to bear, Jo facilitates training for practitioners and carers that allows them to explore the ways in which their work with vulnerable children has left them exposed to secondary trauma. She delivers training that promotes resilience, enabling them to develop their skills and awareness to increase their work satisfaction.
- 1992–Present: Freelance psychotherapist, trainer and group facilitator
- 2004–2006: Funeral director and celebrant, Family Tree funeral company
- 2000–2004: Senior Practitioner, Winstons Wish
- 1999–2001: Child counsellor and project manager, Family Mediation Service, Wiltshire
- 1997–1999: Volunteer co-ordinator, Equal People
- 1996–1999: School Counsellor
- 1991–1993: Advice Worker and Project Co-ordinator, Citizens Advice Bureau and Teenage Information Network, Lambeth
- Post-graduate Diploma in Integrative Arts and Psychotherapy, Institute of Arts in Therapy and Education, 1998
- BA (Hons) English and Related Literature, University of York, 1989