In this role she has worked for consultancy companies, charities and local authorities. This has recently included supporting local authorities with their two year old entitlement, including delivering training and supporting PVI settings with their emotional and physical environment.
Sue has written and delivered training for new SENCos, including initial training and delivering a range of workshops includes ASD Awareness, Positive Behaviour and Child Development. She has also previously supported other local authorities with their inclusion training for their Early Years Providers, including a full range of Makaton courses.
In a previous role Sue has worked closely with the Virtual School team within a local authority to help them to understand and support the social emotional wellbeing of young children. This included delivering training to social workers, Virtual schools team, foster carers and prospective adoptive parents to discuss the importance of brain development, attachment and the mental health of the children they are working with, including those with autism.
These areas continue to be a focus of Sue's work as she believes without this understanding providers are ill equipped to effectively support the range of children in their care.
Sue has been commissioned to co-ordinate and support the EYFS Profile Moderation, including leading moderation, training others and collating and providing data to support 0-25 Strategy Plans Sue has supported the DFE hub programme through 4Children, working in a range of Local Authorities to deliver SEND training and advice.
She has also supported the writing and delivery of training around the EY Pupil Premium and Integrated Review at age 2. Sue is a Qualified Primary School Teacher, experienced Makaton tutor, and a trainer for Inspired by Babies and 'Tuning into Two Year Olds'.
She was employed within Education and the PVI Sector for 16 years, working towards inclusion for all and improving quality of provision for the range of children who attend settings within the early years
- 2018–Present: Specialist Teacher, Early Years (p/t), St Nicholas School (SEN), Canterbury
- 2018–Present: Cygnet Trainer (for parents of children with autistic spectrum disorders)
- 2014–Present: Independent Education Consultant and Supply Teacher
- 2009–2014: Senior Early Years Advisor, Kent CC
- 2006–2009: Early Years Area SENCo, Specialist Teaching Service, Kent CC
- 1999–2005: Teacher/SENCo/Senior Leader, Diocesan and Payne Smith PS, Canterbury
- 1998–1999: Foundation Stage Teacher, Hersden PS, Kent
- Postgraduate certificate in Early Years, Canterbury Christ Church University, 2010
- BA/ED (Hons) with English, Canterbury Christ Church University, 1998