Sally has also worked as a Trainer for the national organisation, Home-Start UK.
Prior to this, Sally worked as a freelance Dramatherapist with a variety of client groups including children with emotional and behavioural difficulties and as a parenting programme co-ordinator. Sally has considerable experience in assessing families, training and supervising home-visiting volunteers who visit families and offer support in times of stress. Sally also has experience of working with complex families.
Sally has gained a deep understanding of the complexity of human behaviour and suffering which has enabled her to develop practice approaches which are effective with the most challenging and psychologically compromised clients. Sally is passionate about the importance of helping and supporting parents to give their babies and children the best possible start in life.
Sally lives in Hertfordshire with her husband and labrador, Millie and enjoys spending time with her two grown up children and four grandchildren. Sally also enjoys walking, theatre and music.
- 2005–2014: Trainer, Home-Start, national
- 2001–2014: Manager, Home-Start, Hertfordshire
- 1998–2001: Community Parenting Programme Co-Ordinator, Hertfordshire
- 1994–2001: Dramatherapist and Family Centre Worker, Hertfordshire
- 1986–1999: Press and Public Relations Officer, National Pharmaceutical Association, Hertfordshire
- Certificate in Teaching and Learning in the Lifelong Learning Sector (CTLLS) FHEQ Level 4, University of Central Lancashire, 2012
- Post Graduate Certificate in Leadership, University of Hertfordshire, 2010
- Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector (PTLLS), University of Central Lancashire, 2009
- Post Graduate Diploma in Dramatherapy, University of Hertfordshire, 1992
- BA Diploma in Theatre, Manchester Polytechnic Faculty of Art & Design, 1974
- Lost in Transitions! - Transitions in the Early Years (working with children and families) ed Lyn Trodd (Chapter 10) – Sage Publications Ltd, 2013