Sally has spent the last 13 years as Manager of Home-Start, a St. Albans based charity working to support vulnerable and disadvantaged families. Sally has considerable experience in assessing families, training and supervising home-visiting volunteers who visit the families and offer support in times of stress. She has experience of working in partnership with statutory bodies, supporting complex families. Sally has also worked as a Trainer for the national organisation, Home-Start UK.
Prior to this, Sally worked as a freelance Dramatherapist with a variety of client groups including children with emotional and behavioural difficulties, spending five years working for social services in a family centre, working with referred families.
Sally is currently working with a local organisation, as a Parenting Programme facilitator, providing parenting programmes for Herts County Council. This training is currently being delivered via Zoom, to parents dealing with various issues including stress and anxiety.
Sally has gained a deep understanding of the complexity of human behaviour and suffering which has enabled her to develop practice approaches which are effective with the most challenging and psychologically compromised clients. Sally is passionate about the importance of helping and supporting parents to give their babies and children the best possible start in life.
Sally lives in Hertfordshire with her husband and labrador, Maisie and enjoys spending time with her two grown up children and four grandchildren. Sally also enjoys walking, theatre and music.
- 2005–2014: Trainer, Home-Start, national
- 2001–2014: Manager, Home-Start, Hertfordshire
- 1998–2001: Community Parenting Programme Co-Ordinator, Hertfordshire
- 1994–2001: Dramatherapist and Family Centre Worker, Hertfordshire
- 1986–1999: Press and Public Relations Officer, National Pharmaceutical Association, Hertfordshire
- Certificate in Teaching and Learning in the Lifelong Learning Sector (CTLLS) FHEQ Level 4, University of Central Lancashire, 2012
- Post Graduate Certificate in Leadership, University of Hertfordshire, 2010
- Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector (PTLLS), University of Central Lancashire, 2009
- Post Graduate Diploma in Dramatherapy, University of Hertfordshire, 1992
- BA Diploma in Theatre, Manchester Polytechnic Faculty of Art & Design, 1974
- Lost in Transitions! - Transitions in the Early Years (working with children and families) ed Lyn Trodd (Chapter 10) – Sage Publications Ltd, 2013