In her role as a Senior Lecturer at Bath Spa University Ruth worked as part of the University project team to deliver training on both Attachment and Emotion Coaching into schools across Bath and North East Somerset (BANES) as part of the local authorities Attachment Aware schools training programme. Ruth also made significant contributions to module development and delivery on both the primary and early years PGCE and the Early Years Initial Teacher training programmes at the university and as a result, was awarded a fellowship of the higher education academy.
Ruth's skills as a teacher and trainer are enhanced by her considerable knowledge of, and expertise in, mentoring and coaching. This includes working with the charity 'Mentoring Plus', helping young people to re-engage with education and training, find work and reconnect with their local communities.
Ruth is passionate about education and learning and has a good understanding of the social, emotional and behavioural needs of learners and the effects of trauma on learning and well being. She is committed not only to transforming the lives of traumatised learners but also to improving educational experiences for all.
- 2012–2019: Senior Lecturer in Education (Primary PGCE), Bath Spa University
- 2006–2012: Senior Lecturer in Coaching and Mentoring, Bath Spa University
- 1992–2006: Senior Lecturer in Primary Mathematics Education, Bath Spa University
- 1981–1991: Class Teacher and Maths Advisory Teacher, Sandwell Education Authority
- 1979–1981: Literacy and Numeracy Tutor, Dudley Council for Voluntary Services
- Level 7 Certificate in Executive Coaching and Leadership Mentoring, Institute of Leadership and Management, Tamworth, 2009
- Advanced Certificate in Counselling, Assessment and Qualifications Alliance, Manchester, 2004
- MA in Professional Studies (Primary Mathematics Education), Bath Spa University, 1996
- Diploma in Mathematics Education, Wolverhampton Polytechnic, 1987
- Diploma in Teaching English as a Second Language, Wolverhampton Polytechnic, 1983
- Bachelor of Education, Nene College, Northampton, 1979