Her background is in Early Years and community psychology, adolescent residential care and NHS CAMHS. She consulted for 13 years to a local authority therapeutic fostering project. Her current clinical work is with children, young people, their parents and carers, offering assessment and therapeutic interventions. Lynne also provides regular reflective practice supervision for frontline workers in Sussex and Surrey YMCA residential, skills development and counselling services.
Current professional interests include the impact of trauma and attachment difficulties on child development, emotion regulation and relationships; organisational trauma; the development of Trauma Informed (TIP) and Psychologically Informed (PIE) Practice for organisations; and the application of the theory and practice of mentalisation. Lynne likes to divide her time between clinical practice and work in training and consultancy, supervises other psychologists and is a regular contributor to professional conferences. For a time she also explored specific impacts of military life on family members and presented at the BPS Military Conference on two occasions. Lynne has tutored on the doctorate course in clinical psychology at University College London and has written and reviewed for both media and professional publications. She is a joint co-ordinator for the Association of Child Psychologists in Private Practice, which supports clinical, counselling and educational psychologists.
- 2018–Present: Facilitation of reflective practice supervision groups for YMCA staff in Sussex
- 2007–Present: Registered Clinical Psychologist in Private Practice, Self-employed Provision of clinic based assessments and therapy for children and adolescents.
- 2007–2017: Consultant to Kent Social Services Therapeutic Fostering Partnership via The Ashwood Practice, Woking
- 2006–2010: Consultant to Cornerways Childrens Services
- 2004–2007: Consultant Clinical Psychologist, The Ashwood Practice, Surrey
- 1999–2004: Consultant Clinical Psychologist, CAMHS, S Bucks NHS
- 1997–1999: Principal Clinical Psychologist, Guys and Lewisham NHS Community Child Psychology Service
- 1997–1999: Clinical Tutor, Child Psychology, University College London
- 1993–1997: Clinical Child Psychologist, Community Child Psychology Service, Kensington and Chelsea NHS
- Associate Fellow, British Psychological Society, 2012
- EMDR Practitioner Level 1 & Intermediate, EMDR International Association, 2008
- MSc Clinical Psychology, University College, London, 1993
- Chartered Psychologist, (C.Psychol.), British Psychological Society, 1993
- BSc (Hons) Human Psychology, Loughborough University, 1989