Much of her work has been with families who were deemed vulnerable and those with SEN/D. She has led and managed both inclusive and specialist early years provision. Consultation with and empowering families has been at the heart of her work.
She set up the Early Years Inclusion Team in the London Borough of Hillingdon and more recently managed outreach services to schools and settings (Inclusion & Sensory Intervention Teams), support to families (Early Support, Portage and SENDIAS services). She is passionate about improving outcomes for young children and their families. She is a strong advocate of a systemic approach and worked with health and other partners to roll out the Five to Thrive approach in a London borough.
She links her practical knowledge to up to date knowledge of brain development to support the learning and development of others and consider practical ways in which they can make a real difference to children's lives.
- 2015–2018: Service Manager, Early Support Services, LB Hillingdon
- 2014–2015: Inclusion Team Manager (0-25 years), LB Hillingdon
- 2003–2014: Inclusion Team Manager (0-5 years), LB Hillingdon
- 2001–2003: Manager, Barnhill Nursery
- 1997–2001: Deputy Manager, Anansi Nursery, LB Brent
- 1987–1997: Deputy Manager, Roundwood Park Nursery
- 1985–1987: Nursery Officer, Vale Farm Nursery, Wembley
- 1983–1985: Team Leader, National Children's Home, Ealing
- 1981–1983: Nanny and Playgroup Leader
- B.Phil., Early Childhood Studies, Newcastle University, 2005
- Certificate in Management Studies, University of Westminster, 1992
- NNEB Diploma, Carlett Park College, Wirral, 1981