She completed her MSc in Neuroscience and Education in 2015. Felicia taught in schools for sixteen years and as a secondary pastoral manager, worked with vulnerable pupils, their families and other professionals to maintain positive working relationships and provide appropriate support. Through the implementation of Emotion Coaching in a secondary school, Felicia has trained teachers and health professionals in the practice throughout Wiltshire, BANES and Somerset.
Felicia enjoys research and has a particular interest in exploring new strategies within educational settings, especially those offering improved outcomes for vulnerable children and young people. What drives Felicia is a firm belief in life long learning and the importance of accessible and relevant education as a right for all ages and abilities. Felicia is passionate about the new ideas being identified in the field of neuroscience for education. Her particular interests include emotional development, especially of adolescents, and behaviour management strategies.
Felicia lives in Wiltshire with husband, Rob and beloved labrador, Jasper. Felicia likes to swim, cycle, hike and travel. Felicia is an avid reader of literature and loves sci-fi films and the theatre.
- 2015–Present: Research Associate, Bath Spa University, Bath
- 2012–Present: Associate Lecturer, Bath Spa University, Bath
- 2014–2015: Postgraduate Student (MSc Neuroscience and Education), Bristol University, Bristol
- 2014–2014: Year Three Teacher/Music Teacher, Shaw Primary School, Wiltshire
- 2010–2012: Learning Director/English Teacher, Melksham Oak Community School, Wiltshire
- 2008–2010: English Teacher, Sandye Place Middle School, Bedfordshire
- 2005–2008: Head of Years 9 - 11/English Teacher, Townley Grammar School, Kent
- 2005–2005: English Teacher, Worle Community School, North Somerset
- 2004–2004: Psychology Teacher, Churchill Community School, North Somerset
- 2003–2004: School Development Coordinator, Network Training, Taunton
- 2002–2003: World Travel
- 1999–2002: English Teacher/Deputy Head of House, Gordano School, North Somerset
- MSc Neuroscience and Education, Bristol University, 2015
- PGCE Secondary English, Bristol University, 1999
- BA English and Psychology, University of Wales, 1998
- Rose, J., McGuire-Snieckus, R. and Wood, F. (2016) Impact Evaluation of the Attachment Aware Schools Project for Stoke and B&NES Virtual Schools: A Pilot Study, – Bath Spa University, 2016
- Rose, J. and Wood, F. (2016) Child Development. In: Wyse, D. and Rogers, S. A Guide to Early Years and Primary Teaching – Sage, 2016
- Rose, J., Temple, S., McGuire-Snieckus, R., Wood, F., Vatmanides, O. (2016) Somerset Emotion Coaching Project Evaluation Report. Institute for Education – Bath Spa University, 2016