- with reference to current research
- how trauma may affect key areas of children and young people\u2019s development
- Explain the key difficulties that may affect traumatised children and young people
- Consider key principles in promoting recovery from trauma
- Explain the phases of recovery from trauma describing how you can encourage and support children and young people through the recovery process
- helping them to overcome setbacks.
- Explain how working actively with others in the network helps children and young people with their recovery from trauma
- Analyse and reflect on how you can most effectively advocate on behalf of children and young people to ensure their needs are met in relation to recovery from trauma
- Explain how policy and guidance impacts on your service at a national level
- and evaluate how this affects local provision.
- Explain how policies within your setting promote or could be enabled to better promote a positive environment in terms of recovery from trauma
- Understand the impact of unregulated stress on brain development and function
- Be able to develop skills in promoting recovery for traumatised children and young people
- Understand how systems and processes promote recovery from trauma or reinforce disorder