- Explain how the assessment and management of risk
- and an understanding of the effect of trauma are key factors underpinning \u2018safer caring\u2019 in relation to foster care.
- Explain ways in which assessment and management of risks and benefits to all parties can be undertaken in the setting.
- Explain the importance of delegated authority in the context of teamwork in foster care
- Show how an understanding of how to promote recovery from trauma can inform good practice in developing and implementing safer caring guidelines.
- Explain the importance of effective safer caring procedures in ensuring the physical and emotional well-being of the whole foster care family and the team around them
- Understand key issues and principles in safer caring
- Develop skills in safer caring for traumatised children and young people