|Audience||Social workers, Foster carers, School staff|
- Describe the theoretical models and definitions of mental disorder and mental illness
- Explain how parental mental health issues impact on parenting abilities and how formal and informal networks can meet the needs of parents and support improvement.
- Identify the impact and risks of mental health issues on the development and wellbeing of children and young people
- Explain how trauma theory and research can be used to assess the impact on children and young people of exposure to parental mental health issues.
- Explain the importance of multi-disciplinary working in promoting positive outcomes for children and young people affected by parental mental health issues
- Identify interventions which can promote recovery and develop resilience for children and young people exposed to parental mental health issues.
- Understand the effect on children and young people of living with parental mental health issues
- Understand ways in which you can develop skills in promoting positive outcomes for children exposed to parental mental health issues