Level: 3 | Modules: 1 | Hours: 10
Trauma is catching! Anyone who works with traumatised children and young people may find at some point in their career that they are affected by secondary trauma. Through empathy the adult tunes in to the toxic stress that is the child's everyday experience, and from time to time this can be overwhelming. This course enables learners to understand key issues, and to practice and develop skills in preventing and dealing with secondary trauma.
Target audience: Children's workforce
Learning outcomes / assessment criteria
Understand the impact of living and working with traumatised children and young people
- Identify key members of the network surrounding a traumatised child or young person
- Describe the signs and indicators of secondary traumatic stress (STS) for individuals and within the network, identifying factors which increase resilience
- Explain the risk factors for disorder (STSD) developing from secondary stress (STS)
- Outline the key factors which promote recovery from STS and STSD
Understand how to help prevent and manage secondary trauma in your settting
- Describe how to promote resilience to secondary stress
- Explain how to promote awareness of secondary traumatic stress disorders
- Describe how to promote effective teamwork and structures to prevent and aid recovery from secondary stress (STS) and secondary stress disorders (STSD)
This product is not currently available for purchasing via our website. Please contact us to discuss your needs.