EY Supporting colleagues in their work with children with SEND
Level: 3 | Modules: 1 | Hours: 30
...understanding how to support colleagues to develop their SEND practice.
A unit in the Level 3 EY SENCO certificate
Learning outcomes / assessment criteria
Understand the key role of SENCO in supporting colleagues
- Explain own responsibility to support colleagues in their work with children with SEND
- Explain how to identify the needs of colleagues in relation to working with children with SEN
- Explain the legal requirements that Early Years providers have towards disabled children
- Describe key elements of internal policies and procedures to support practitioners
Be able to develop positive skills in supporting other people in their professional work
- Reflect on how you would support and identify practitioners to develop their expertise in relation to SEND to ensure that practitioners have the relevant skills and knowledge
- Explain how to support colleagues in working with children for whom English is an Additional Language (EAL), recognising when the child's differences in rates of progress arise from EAL, SEN or both
This product is not currently available for purchasing via our website. Please contact us to discuss your needs.