EY The role of the early years SENCO
Level: 3 | Modules: 1 | Hours: 30
This course enables the learner to understand the roles and responsibilities of the early years SENCO
Target audience: Early years practitioners
Learning outcomes / assessment criteria
Understand the role and responsibilities of the early years SENCO in the context of Early Years (EY) legislation, policies and procedures within the setting,
- Identify the principles, statutory guidance and legislation underpinning the ‘Special Educational Needs and Disability Code of Practice'
- Explain the role of the SENCO in private, voluntary and independent early years settings in actively engaging with all involved in supporting a child with SEN
- Identify the principles underpinning Education, Health and Care (EHC) plans
- Explain which records should be maintained and used to track progress and achieve the best possible educational and other outcomes for children, and how this should be done
Be able to develop effective skills in reflective practice as an early years SENCO
- Reflect on practice, assessing own skills and competencies, identifying gaps by using the Reflective Practice (RP) model for analysis
- Identify and use professional development opportunities, including training and other sources of support, to address own development needs.
This product is not currently available for purchasing via our website. Please contact us to discuss your needs.