- “ I have learnt so much more than I already thought I understood on the subject of Equality and Diversity. This new knowledge will allow me to make a huge difference to society and to my role as a Foster Carer. ” Foster carer, Midlands – November 2017
Equality and diversity
Level: 3 | Modules: 1 | Hours: 10
This course sets issues of equality and diversity in the wider context of human development. It enables learners to understand key issues in working with children and young people. It also provides opportunities for learners to practice and develop skills in promoting equality and celebrating diversity and being a role model for vulnerable children and young people to enable them to do the same.
Target audience: Children's workforce
Learning outcomes / assessment criteria
Understand key issues in equality, diversity and identity
- Explain what is meant by the terms: equality, diversity and identity
- Explain how legislation and codes of practice relating to equality, diversity and discrimination apply to own work role
- Identify different types of prejudice and discrimination which can affect children and young people
- Summarise the key principles in promoting empowerment
Understand promoting respect for diversity and building identity
- Describe how to challenge discrimination in a way that promotes change
- Reflect on effective interventions when promoting equality, respect, diversity and building identity
- Explain how to support and encourage children and young people to develop skills to deal with discrimination, enhance self-worth and make a positive contribution
This product is not currently available for purchasing via our website. Please contact us to discuss your needs.