Five to Thrive for Life: Adolescence
Level: 3 | Modules: 1 | Hours: 10
Working with young people going through the turmoil of adolescence can be challenging. This course explores current research on the developmental changes of adolescence and the impact of these on thoughts, feelings and behaviour. It will provide anyone who works with young people with the insight and understanding needed to meet the challenges of this work.
Target audience: School staff | College staff | Foster carers | Social workers | Youth workers
Learning outcomes / assessment criteria
Understand key issues in working with young people in adolescence
- Describe different stages of development and how these contribute to the experience of young people in adolescence
- Explain the role of adults in enabling young people to form and maintain essential connected relationships with adults as well as peers
- Identify the potential effects of transitions in adolescence for vulnerable young people
Understand how to develop trust and respect when working with young people
- Reflect on how to establish trust between adults and young people
- Explain skills needed to build mutual respect when working with adolescents
This product is not currently available for purchasing via our website. Please contact us to discuss your needs.