Equality and Diversity
Level: 3 | Modules: 1 | Hours: 10
This course sets issues of equality and diversity in the wider context of human development. It enables learners to understand key issues in working positively in organisations. It also provides opportunities for learners to practice and develop skills in promoting equality and celebrating diversity. being a role model for co-workers.
Target audience: Managers within Local Authority | Staff working in children's services
Learning outcomes / assessment criteria
Understand key issues in equality, diversity and identity
- Explain what is meant by the terms: equality, diversity and identity
- Explain how legislation and codes of practice relating to equality, diversity and discrimination apply to your own work role
- Identify different types of prejudice and discrimination which can affect children and young people
- Explain key principles in promoting empowerment
Develop skills in anti-discriminatory practice, promoting respect for diversity and building identity
- Describe how to challenge discrimination in a way that promotes change
- Describe effective interventions in promoting equality, respecting diversity and building identity
- Explain how to support and encourage children and young people to develop skills to deal with discrimination, enhance self-worth and make a positive contribution
Enrol yourself for this course
Note: If you wish to purchase open course places for distribution as an organisation, please contact us to discuss your needs.