Equality and diversity in professional practice
Level: 4 | Modules: 1 | Hours: 20
This course sets issues of equality and diversity in the wider context of human development. It enables learners to understand key issues in working with children and young people. It also provides opportunities for learners to practice and develop skills in promoting equality and celebrating diversity and being a role model for vulnerable children and young people to enable them to do the same.
Target audience: Children's workforce
Learning outcomes / assessment criteria
Understand key issues in equality and diversity
- Explain what is meant by the terms equality and diversity
- Analyse the impact of legislation and codes of practice on the promotion of equality, diversity and inclusion in your own work setting
- Explain different types of prejudice and discrimination which can affect children and young people
Be able to develop skills in anti-discriminatory practice and promoting respect for diversity
- Describe effective interventions in promoting equality and respect for diversity
- Explain how you can support and encourage children and young people to develop skills to deal with discrimination, enhance self-worth and make a positive contribution
Understand how to develop systems and processes that promote equality and diversity
- Analyse how systems and processes can promote equality or reinforce discrimination
- Describe how to challenge and support others to challenge exclusion and discrimination in ways that promote change and promote empowerment
This product is not currently available for purchasing via our website. Please contact us to discuss your needs.