- “ Excellent course - really useful coaching methods and ones I can apply in everyday work and family life. ” Charlotte Hanson, Yorkshire – January 2014
Level: 3 | Modules: 1 | Hours: 10
This course enables learners to understand how adult responses to the behaviour of children and young people have an impact on the brain development of the child, to recognise different styles of response, and to use the practical tool of Emotion Coaching to address behaviour in the moment in a way that promotes positive brain development and pro-social behaviour.
Target audience: School staff | Foster carers | Adoptive parents | Residential workers | Children's workforce
Learning outcomes / assessment criteria
Understand key principles underlying emotion coaching
- Explain how the concept of emotion coaching emerged from research on parenting
- Describe how emotion coaching contributes to healthy brain development
- Outline the key steps in emotion coaching
Understand emotion coaching in practice
- Explain how empathy and guidance can help children and young people manage their behaviour
- Outline how emotion coaching can be promoted
This product is not currently available for purchasing via our website. Please contact us to discuss your needs.