Level: 3 | Modules: 1 | Hours: 10
Trauma leads to disintegration. In individuals this gives rise to a range of disorders, and social networks affected by trauma tend to fracture. Anyone who works in organisations offering services to vulnerable children and their families needs to be part of a strong team. This course will enable learners to understand how teams function, and the part they can play in building a strong and flexible team able to function effectively in work with the most vulnerable children and families.
Target audience: School support staff | Social work assistants | Children's centre staff | First year social workers
Learning outcomes / assessment criteria
Understand key issues in working as part of a team in children's services
- Summarise theories of team formation and the contribution of diverse skills to teamwork
- Explain how barriers to teamwork arise
- Identify different ways to recognise and overcome barriers affecting teamwork
Understand how to develop skills in working as part of a team
- Describe techniques to overcome barriers to communication in teamwork
- Explain skills required to build positive team relationships
This product is not currently available for purchasing via our website. Please contact us to discuss your needs.