- “ The course is a really good one and it has updated my knowledge of safeguarding and I would recommend this to my co-workers. ” Joanne Bave, Central Bedfordshire Council – August 2015
Level: 3 | Modules: 1 | Hours: 10
Everyone in the children's workforce must know how to protect children from harm. This course enables learners to understand what adults do that causes harm to children, how to recognise the signs that a child or young person is being harmed, and what to do about it.
Target audience: Children's workforce
Learning outcomes / assessment criteria
Understand safeguarding children
- Identify key elements of the law and national guidance on safeguarding children
- Identify ways in which children and young people can be placed at risk.
- Explain the role of the local Safeguarding Board and other agencies
- Describe the specific responsibilities of your own agency or organisation
Understanding of your role within your organisation in relation to child protection
- Identify signs and indicators of abuse that should give rise to concern
- Explain appropriate responses to a child's disclosure of abuse
- Explain how to report disclosure or suspicion of abuse, and how to report concerns about the unsafe practice of others
This product is not currently available for purchasing via our website. Please contact us to discuss your needs.