Men in children's services
Level: 3 | Modules: 1 | Hours: 10
Men form a very small fraction of the children's workforce, yet research shows that men play a vital part in the healthy development of children and young people. This course enables learners to understand the importance of men in children's services, and to develop skills in promoting inclusive practice and an active role for men in their own work setting.
Target audience: Children's workforce
Learning outcomes / assessment criteria
Understand key issues of gender in working with children and young people
- Describe key issues relating to gender and role, both in theory and in relation to children’s services
- Explain the development of gender identity in children and young people
- Explain the possible impact of distortions in the gender role narrative in relation to educational achievement, social integration and mental health
Understand how you can promote inclusion of men working in your setting
- Explain how you can promote an active role for men in working with children and young people
- Identify interventions which work towards improvements in your setting as a workplace for men
This product is not currently available for purchasing via our website. Please contact us to discuss your needs.