- “ I will now be able to advise... schools I support on how the environment can affect behaviour and may need adapting. ” Support teacher, Leicestershire – October 2013
Behaviour and the physical environment
Level: 3 | Modules: 1 | Hours: 10
The physical environment constantly affects us through our sensory experience, and has a particularly powerful impact on vulnerable children and young people. This course enables learners to understand this impact, and to develop the knowledge and skill to make changes in their own setting to promote positive behaviour.
Target audience: Children's workforce
Learning outcomes / assessment criteria
Understand how the physical environment affects behaviour
- Explain how an understanding of the impact of the physical environment on behaviour can promote positive interventions in working with vulnerable and traumatised children and young people
- Outline different types of sensory experience that can influence behaviour
- Describe soothing and stimulating environments
Understand how environments can be created to promote positive behaviour
- Explain the advantages and disadvantages of working directly with the child or young person to create a healing environment
- Reflect how to provide an environment that promotes positive behaviour
This product is not currently available for purchasing via our website. Please contact us to discuss your needs.