Issues in foster care
Level: 3 | Modules: 1 | Hours: 10
Children and young people whose behaviour is sexualised present great challenges to those who work with them. This course enables learners to understand key issues in working with these children and young people. It also provides opportunities for learners to practise and develop skills in safe and effective working.
Target audience: Foster carers | Social workers | Specialist school staff
Learning outcomes / assessment criteria
Understand the impact of sexual trauma on children and young people
- Explain the impact of attachments based on sexual abuse
- Explain the long and short term effects of sexual trauma including the impact on thoughts, feelings and behaviour
- Explain why children and young people who have been sexually abused are overwhelmed by shame
- Describe key skills needed in order to work effectively and safely with children and young people who display sexualised behaviour
Develop skills in working safely with children and young people who display sexualised behaviour
- Explain the principles of safe working practices, including looking after relationships throughout the network
- Show awareness of particular issues in working safely with disabled children and young people
This product is not currently available for purchasing via our website. Please contact us to discuss your needs.