Level: 3 | Modules: 1 | Hours: 10
Everyone who works with children and young people needs to understand children's rights. This course brings the subject to life, sets children's rights in the broader context of human rights and responsibilities, and enables learners to practise and develop skills in promoting the rights of children and young people.
Target audience: Children's workforce
Learning outcomes / assessment criteria
Understand key legal and practice issues in relation to children's rights
- Identify key facts about human rights and the rights of children and how this is supported by legislation
- Explain the key principles and values underpinning your work with children and young people
- Explain key principles in encouraging participation when working with children and young people
Understand ways to develop skills in promoting the rights of children and young people
- Explain how the key principles in relation to rights and values may be applied to working with children and young people
- Consider appropriate responses to situations where the rights of children and young people might need to be protected
- Identify organisations that promote the voice of the child
This product is not currently available for purchasing via our website. Please contact us to discuss your needs.