Transitions and vulnerability
Level: 3 | Modules: 1 | Hours: 10
Transitions are changes that change us. They are always challenging, and vulnerable children and young people can find such challenges overwhelming. This course enables learners to understand key issues, and it also provides opportunities and resources for working effectively with children and young people in transition.
Target audience: Children's workforce
Learning outcomes / assessment criteria
Understand how childhood trauma affects the ability to make successful transitions
- Identify significant milestones which mark transitions in the lives of children and young people
- Describe factors that lead to children and young people being vulnerable
- Explain how the impact of traumatic experience on children and young people can affect their responses to transition
Understand promoting positive transition with vulnerable children and young people
- Summarise how to support vulnerable and traumatised children and young people through significant life changes and challenges
- Explain how working as part of a team promotes positive transitions for vulnerable and traumiatised children and young people
- Describe how young people can be helped to gain the skills, self-confidence and knowledge they need to prepare them for the transition to adult life
This product is not currently available for purchasing via our website. Please contact us to discuss your needs.