Each of our associates has years of excellence in practice, using the theory and research that underpins our training and consultancy to inform their own work.
They come from a variety of backgrounds: foster care, early years, teaching, therapy, social work, psychology, health and justice. Many of them have moved between disciplines, as their interests have taken them in different directions. What they all offer is a wealth of practical experience, both in direct work with vulnerable people, and in sharing their knowledge and wisdom with others.
Interested in becoming an associate?
If you have a commitment to sharing transformative knowledge with those who work with children and families, and experience of training or consultancy as well as direct work, then becoming an associate with KCA may appeal.
For more information or to express your interest, please contact us. We will then review your CV, discuss your experience and explore the potential for working together.
Suzi has worked with children and families in social care and health settings for 20 years. She has helped develop and deliver support services for marginalized groups, as well as high-quality training packages for professionals across the sectors.
She has worked on a freelance basis for the past two years, teaching in across areas such as child sexual exploitation; hidden harm and neglect; the neuropsychology of brain development; drug and alcohol awareness; resilience and protective factors in children; and safeguarding.
Suzi lives in Bristol with her husband and daughter. Her interests include cooking, dancing, going to festivals and taking trips in her campervan.
- 2013–Present: Freelance Trainer & Consultant, England & Wales
- 2011–2013: Regional Development Manager, Action for Prisoners Families, Wales
- 2010–2011: Service Manager, The Equality Project, Wales
- 2007–2010: Policy and Development Officer, Barnardo’s, Wales
- 2005–2007: Director of Volunteering, Newlink, Wales
- 2004–2005: Project Co-Ordinator, Mentoring Scheme, Aftercare Services, Newport
- 2003–2004: Freelance Trainer in English for Businesses, South of France
- 2002–2003: Young Peoples Drug Treatment Worker, Harbour, Plymouth
- 2001–2002: Traveling and Teaching English, South/Central America
- 1998–2001: Outreach Development Worker, Oasis Project, Brighton
- 1996–1998: Outreach Worker, Working with Prostitutes Project, Southampton
- PGCE / PCET (Postgraduate Certificate in Education and Training), UWIC, Cardiff, 2010
- Managing in the Voluntary Sector and Women into Management Course, Cardiff University, 2006
- Counselling Skills (Level 2), Person Centred Counselling, Southampton City College, 1998
- P G Diploma in Drug Use and Addiction Studies, John Moores University, Liverpool, 1996
- BSc (Hons) in Psychology, University of Central Lancashire, 1994
- “ A very knowledgeable trainer who was trying to address a very diverse group. ” Participant – October 2015
- “ Very well presented and with a professional yet 'down to earth' approach. ” Participant, Scotland – August 2015
- “ I have attended two training days with KCA and I must admit the three trainers that I have met have all been fantastic. ” Gwawr Davies, Wales – July 2015
- “ I thoroughly enjoyed this course one of the best courses I have attended. It was very interesting and I was glued from the start. I studied psychology in University therefore this was very interesting for me. ” Gwawr Davies, Wales – July 2015