Each of our associates has years of excellence in practice, using the theory and research that underpins our training and consultancy to inform their own work.
They come from a variety of backgrounds: foster care, early years, teaching, therapy, social work, psychology, health and justice. Many of them have moved between disciplines, as their interests have taken them in different directions. What they all offer is a wealth of practical experience, both in direct work with vulnerable people, and in sharing their knowledge and wisdom with others.
Interested in becoming an associate?
If you have a commitment to sharing transformative knowledge with those who work with children and families, and experience of training or consultancy as well as direct work, then becoming an associate with KCA may appeal.
For more information or to express your interest, please contact us. We will then review your CV, discuss your experience and explore the potential for working together.
Susan is a scientist with a specialism in human biology and a keen interest in neuroscience, who is also a committed and enthusiastic teacher, and a parent. Her career in education has included work across the age ranges both in the UK and overseas, and has involved demanding pastoral roles and innovative approaches to science teaching.
Susan also introduced and implemented the concept of sensory play in a pre-school setting in Brunei, using her understanding of early brain development to support less privileged children and their families.
Since returning to the UK, Susan has designed and implemented the science curriculum for a new secondary academy whilst working with fervour to build effective relationships among and between staff and pupils, and also between the school and the community which it serves.
- 2019–Present: Science Teacher and Year 7 tutor, Chertsey High School, Surrey
- 2018–2019: Bolder Academy, Isleworth (LB Hounslow): Lead Science Teacher
- 2017–2018: Brookhouse School, Nairobi, Kenya: Leader of Science, Year 7 Tutor
- 2016–2017: Project Sensori Play (0-5 years), Brunei: Project Creator, Manager & Facilitator
- 2012–2017: Jerudong International School (Day & Residential), Brunei: Science Coordinator and Teacher, Deputy Head of Middle Years
- 2010–2012: CfBT Education Trust, Brunei: English Teacher (Primary & A-level)
- 2007–2009: Netley Abbey Junior School, Southampton: SMT Upper Years Learning and Progress Leader; Science Specialist
- 2005–2009: Hampshire County Council: Primary Schools Leading Science Teacher
- 2006–2008: University of Reading/Hampshire County Council: Science Lecturer for Trainee Teachers
- 2004–2007: Calmore Junior School, Southampton: Year 6 Teacher/Science Manager
- 2001–2003: Centre for Human Science, UK Ministry of Defence: Exercise and Biomechanics Consultant
- In-Service Certificate in English Language Teaching, Univ of Cambridge (Distance Learning), 2010
- Postgraduate Certificate in Advanced Educational Studies, Univ of Winchester, 2007
- Post-Grad Certificate in Education (Primary), Univ of Southampton, 2004
- MSc Biomechanics, Univ of Glasgow, 2001
- BSc Hons Physiology and Sports Science, Univ of Glasgow, 2000
- HNC Sports Coaching Children and Management, Cardonald College, Glasgow, 1996
- “ This was a great course, well presented with great visuals. The Breakout rooms were great and the variation of activities. This was the best virtual course I have attended. ” Jessica Galvin, Wiltshire – November 2020
- “ It was an infomation packed day. It was delivered under challenging times and i thought very well. I enjoyed the virtual chat rooms. ” Louise Chant, Wiltshire – November 2020
- “ Very enthusiastically delivered and upbeat considering the session was so long. Susan seems passionate and knowledgeable and it was very interesting. ” Kate Chorlton, Wiltshire – October 2020
- “ The best and most informative training session I have ever attended, wish they could all be at the same level. thank you ” Kim Clements, School-based staff, Dorset – January 2020
- “ Was totally engaged by the amazing speaker. Her passion was palpable and the presentation extremely professional. ” Claudie Thornewill, Primary school teacher, Dorset – January 2020
- “ A really inspiring course delivered by a passionate presenter who held the balance between personal experience, excellent examples, motivational presentation. It was brilliant. Thank you Susan. ” Teacher, Hertfordshire – November 2019