Each of our associates has years of excellence in practice, using the theory and research that underpins our training and consultancy to inform their own work.
They come from a variety of backgrounds: foster care, early years, teaching, therapy, social work, psychology, health and justice. Many of them have moved between disciplines, as their interests have taken them in different directions. What they all offer is a wealth of practical experience, both in direct work with vulnerable people, and in sharing their knowledge and wisdom with others.
Interested in becoming an associate?
If you have a commitment to sharing transformative knowledge with those who work with children and families, and experience of training or consultancy as well as direct work, then becoming an associate with KCA may appeal.
For more information or to express your interest, please contact us. We will then review your CV, discuss your experience and explore the potential for working together.
Nicola is an experienced and highly skilled education manager with thorough knowledge of teaching and learning with excellent inter-personal skills. She has led the development and implementation of learning pathways and developed successful partnerships, in particular to support vulnerable children and young adults. Nicola's most recent employment has been as the Head of the Virtual School for Children in Care in Cheshire East, which she sees as a vital primary corporate parenting role. This followed a successful secondary school teaching and school leadership career,after a decade working in a hospital as a medical scientist. Nicola is a confident, knowledgeable and clear-thinking trainer, and a powerful advocate and champion for the educational needs of children in care. Much of her leisure time is also devoted to working with young people in charitable and community settings and serving on school Governing Bodies.
- 2014–2018: Virtual School Head Teacher, Cheshire East Council
- 2011–2014: 14-19 Curriculum Officer/Partnership Manager, Cheshire East
- 2006–2011: Deputy Manager, Excellence in Crewe
- 2003–2011: Assistant Head Teacher, Coppenhall High School, Crewe
- 1992–2003: Asst Teacher/ Head of Science, Sandon High School, Stoke
- 1981–1991: Medical Laboratory Scientist, North Staffs Infirmary
- MA, Education, University of York, 1999
- PGCE, Keele University, 1992
- Fellow (degree equivalent), Institute of Medical Laboratory Science, Manchester, 1986
- HNC, Medical Laboratory Science, Wolverhampton, 1984