Each of our associates has years of excellence in practice, using the theory and research that underpins our training and consultancy to inform their own work.
They come from a variety of backgrounds: foster care, early years, teaching, therapy, social work, psychology, health and justice. Many of them have moved between disciplines, as their interests have taken them in different directions. What they all offer is a wealth of practical experience, both in direct work with vulnerable people, and in sharing their knowledge and wisdom with others.
Interested in becoming an associate?
If you have a commitment to sharing transformative knowledge with those who work with children and families, and experience of training or consultancy as well as direct work, then becoming an associate with KCA may appeal.
For more information or to express your interest, please contact us. We will then review your CV, discuss your experience and explore the potential for working together.
Nicky is an Education and Family Support consultant specialising in SEMHD supporting primary and secondary schools, alternative providers and birth, adopted and foster families. She has over 15 years experience of working in education, in the community and with parents/carers supporting children and young people with complex social, emotional, behavioural and mental health needs. She has been a senior manager in education responsible for the therapeutic strategy, staff development, and supervision. Inspired by time spent early in her career working in a Romanian orphanage, Nicky maintains a deeply held belief in the human potential for change and growth. She has a deep understanding of the importance of connections within and across human networks. This informs all her work in training and consultancy enabling practitioners to gain transformative insights.
- 2015–Present: Self employed Education and Family Support Consultant
- 2008–2015: Head of Therapeutic Working and Specialist Services
- 2005–2008: NHS - Occupational Therapy Work Placements
- 2005–2008: Inclusion Worker
- 2004–2005: House Parent
- 2003–2004: Avon and Bristol Law Centre - Management committee volunteer
- 2002–2004: Connexions Personal Adviser
- 1999–2002: University of the West of England SU - Advice Centre Manager/Adviser
- 1998–1999: Bristol City College - Support worker
- 1998–1999: Include - Project Manager
- 1997–1998: Blackhorse RAC, Social Care - Support Worker
- 1997–1998: South East Essex College - Student Adviser
- 1995–1996: Farm Volunteer
- 1995–1996: Southampton University New college - Vice President Welfare Officer
- 1995–1995: Camp Counsellor
- 1994–1994: Romanian Orphanage Volunteer
- 1991–1994: Southampton University New college - Nursery Assistant
- BSc (hons) Occupational Therapy, University of the West of England, 2008
- Postgraduate Diploma Emotional Literacy for Educators, Bristol University, 2005
- Postgraduate Diploma for Connexions Personal Adviser, Exeter University, 2003
- Diploma in Indian Head Massage, Bristol City College, 2000
- Diploma in Holistic Reflexology, Bristol Folkhouse, 1999
- Diploma in Professional Development in Voluntary Organisations, Middlesex University, 1997
- City in Guilds Certificate in Education: training qualification, Southampton City College, 1996
- BACS (hons) Sociology (major) Theology (minor), La Sainte Union, 1996
- Meeting the needs of children with attachment disorder – Pearsons, 2016