Each of our associates has years of excellence in practice, using the theory and research that underpins our training and consultancy to inform their own work.
They come from a variety of backgrounds: foster care, early years, teaching, therapy, social work, psychology, health and justice. Many of them have moved between disciplines, as their interests have taken them in different directions. What they all offer is a wealth of practical experience, both in direct work with vulnerable people, and in sharing their knowledge and wisdom with others.
Interested in becoming an associate?
If you have a commitment to sharing transformative knowledge with those who work with children and families, and experience of training or consultancy as well as direct work, then becoming an associate with KCA may appeal.
For more information or to express your interest, please contact us. We will then review your CV, discuss your experience and explore the potential for working together.
Maria's career has focussed throughout on working directly with disadvantaged and troubled young people, and designing and delivering stimulating and highly relevant training to professionals and volunteers who share her concerns.
Qualified in Youth Work, Assessment, FE and Adult Education, Management, and Health and Social Care, she moves easily among these fields, combining wide knowledge and infectious energy with her ability to engage and inspire the professional and community groups with whom she works.
In her work as a Local Authority Training Co-ordinator, Maria has led on work with young people with diffficult backgrounds including victims of abuse and sexual exploitation, implementation of a youth volunteer programme, Safeguarding, and supporting the personal development of long-term unemployed adults.
In recent years Maria has become increasingly motivated by recognition of the central importance of supporting disengaged young people in their development through assisting their recovery from early attachment issues and traumatising events.
In her personal life, Maria is the mother of two young children and also finds time to participate in a variety of outdoor and sporting activities, and to work with the charitable foundation of a well-known professional rugby club in her home town.
- 2014–Present: Independent Trainer and Assessor
- 2006–Present: Training Co-ordinator, Warrington Borough Council
- 2003–2006: Project co-ordinator (working with targeted young people and offenders), Liverpool City Council
- 2000–2003: Store Manager at Phone 4 U
- BA Hons Health and Social Care, Open University, 2017
- Level 2 IAG, Warrington Collegiate, 2016
- Assessor Qualification – Level 3 TAQA, Warrington Collegiate, 2014
- ILM Level 4 Award in Management, Warrington Collegiate, 2012
- Qualification in Advanced Youth Work, St Helens College, 2010
- Certificate of Higher Education in Further and Adult Education, University of Chester, 2008
- “ Maria was extremely informative and her firsthand knowledge and examples were helpful ways to see some issues in context. ” School based practitioner, London – January 2019
- “ Delivery was sharp witted and challenges were handled with tact and mastery ” Teacher, Stockport – December 2018
- “ One of the best courses I have been on! ” Participant, Nottinghamshire – February 2018