Each of our associates has years of excellence in practice, using the theory and research that underpins our training and consultancy to inform their own work.
They come from a variety of backgrounds: foster care, early years, teaching, therapy, social work, psychology, health and justice. Many of them have moved between disciplines, as their interests have taken them in different directions. What they all offer is a wealth of practical experience, both in direct work with vulnerable people, and in sharing their knowledge and wisdom with others.
Interested in becoming an associate?
If you have a commitment to sharing transformative knowledge with those who work with children and families, and experience of training or consultancy as well as direct work, then becoming an associate with KCA may appeal.
For more information or to express your interest, please contact us. We will then review your CV, discuss your experience and explore the potential for working together.
Maria is a mature and experienced trainer/assessor with a proven track record in the design and implementation of training programmes, complemented by a background in working with challenging groups. Maria is a clear and concise communicator with the ability to motivate and encourage, along with a good ear for the underlying problems that can hinder efficient learning. With project management experience she is organised and thrives under pressure, enjoying a challenge and stretching deadlines. Maria has the ability to work well with others, as both a team member and line manager. She can also identify people and team strengths and weaknesses to utilise effectively. Maria is an enthusiastic, committed and self-motivated person who is adaptable and open minded.
During her free time Maria enjoys spending time with family and friends, going to the gym, having weekends away and relaxing.
- 2014–Present: Independent Trainer and Assessor
- 2006–Present: Training Co-ordinator, Warrington Borough Council
- 2003–2006: Project co-ordinator, Liverpool City Council
- 2000–2003: Store Manager at Phone 4 U
- BA Hons Health and Social Care, Open University, 2017
- Level 2 IAG, Warrington Collegiate, 2016
- Assessor Qualification – Level 3 TAQA, Warrington Collegiate, 2014
- ILM Level 4 Award in Management, Warrington Collegiate, 2012
- Certificate of Higher Education in Further and Adult Education, University of Chester, 2008
- “ One of the best courses I have been on! ” Participant, Nottinghamshire – February 2018