Each of our associates has years of excellence in practice, using the theory and research that underpins our training and consultancy to inform their own work.
They come from a variety of backgrounds: foster care, early years, teaching, therapy, social work, psychology, health and justice. Many of them have moved between disciplines, as their interests have taken them in different directions. What they all offer is a wealth of practical experience, both in direct work with vulnerable people, and in sharing their knowledge and wisdom with others.
Interested in becoming an associate?
If you have a commitment to sharing transformative knowledge with those who work with children and families, and experience of training or consultancy as well as direct work, then becoming an associate with KCA may appeal.
For more information or to express your interest, please contact us. We will then review your CV, discuss your experience and explore the potential for working together.
Janet GraubergJanet is an organisational strategy & learning consultant with wide-ranging expertise in children and young people's services across the statutory and voluntary sector. Her current work focuses on spreading innovation and good practice between organisations in the children's sector, working both with voluntary organisations and local authorities across social care and mental health. Current clients include the Local Government Association and a major philanthropic funder. She also regularly works with CEOs and Trustees of voluntary organisations to support them in strategic reviews of their mission and priorities. She was formerly Director of Strategy at Barnardo's and St Christopher's Fellowship, and has also held senior roles at the Department for Education including policy on children with special educational needs, early years, Care Leavers and foster care recruitment. She has also been an elected councillor and Lead Member for Children, Families & Young People in a London Local Authority, and an Advisor to the Children & Families Ministers in the 2010-2015 Coalition Government.
- 2014–2016: Director of Strategy, St Christopher's Fellowship
- 2012–2013: UK Director of Strategy and Projects, Barnardo's
- 2010–2012: Senior Policy Adviser to Secretary of State for Education, UK
- 2006–2010: Liberal Democrat Cabinet Member, LB Camden
- 2006–2010: Director, Public Management and Policy Association
- 1999–2006: Deputy Director, Dept. of Health and Dept. for Education, UK
- 1993–1998: Project Leader, NHS Expenditure & Dentists’ Pay, DoH, UK
- 1988–1992: Trainee, Dept. of Health, UK
- MSc (Distinction) Management Consultancy and Organisational Change, Birkbeck College, University of London, 2017
- BA (Geography), St Catharine's College, Cambridge, 1988